Helium Finally Decides Move to Solana

Looks like Helium has finally decided to move to the Solana blockchain.

As reported in August, Helium developers made a proposal – by the name of “HIP 70”, which suggested that a move to Solana would improve Helium’s blockchain operational efficiency.

Helium developers advocated a shift away from Proof-of-Coverage and data transfer accountings toward “Oracles,” a third-party service that links smart contracts to the outside world.

Oracles will be used to simplify Helium Core’s system structure and enable the option of a more scalable Layer 1 – and the suggested L1 was Solana.

Nearly a month later, the Helium blockchain network’s community members decided for a complete shift to Solana in order to boost network scalability.

The migration referendum began on September 12. A majority of 81.41% voted in favor of the migration, while the remaining 18.59% opposed it.

What Changes For Helium

After the migration is complete, a new version of the Helium Wallet App will be released.

The Helium Layer 1 blockchain’s history will be kept public, and users may use the new application by upgrading their current wallet software.

HNT (Heliums native token) holders will also be able to utilize alternative wallets inside the Solana ecosystem, such as Phantom or Solflare.

Understanding Helium

Helium is a 2019 company funded by Google.
The company is basically a distributed wireless network that compensates consumers with crypto tokens for sharing their home internet access with a larger community.

Described as an IoT blockchain network, Helium allows people to mine Helium native token (HNT) utilizing Hotspots, which is done using radio technology, as an alternative to GPU mining.

By automating the Hotspot process, the Solana transition will attempt to change the way HNT is mined.

Following the upgrade to Solana L1, hotspot owners in all subDAOs will benefit from the restoration of 6.85% of HNT emissions to the miner pool.

Please follow and like us: